Worried that you won’t have enough space for your toiletries and beauty products in your carry-on? We have the answer and they’re not travel-size! These are the best travel containers because you pack only what you need. Find out what they are, where to get them, and how to use them!
The 3 Best Travel Containers
This is my ultimate secret for fitting various toiletries into minimal space. Stackable pots will work extremely well for women that use a variety of different beauty products or have an extensive skincare routine.
- How to Use Them: Use one stack for shampoo/conditioner/body wash and another stack for face moisturizer/body moisturizer/sunblock
- When to Use Them: Use this strategy for weekend trips and take just what you need or if you have a longer trip and plan on buying products as you go – use the stacks for products that last a long time such as foundation, eye cream, or face moisturizer.
- At home: Use these travel containers to store jewelry, crafts, or to consolidate half empty products and make more room on the shelves.
I love using individual pots for items like my concealer and foundation. I don’t need to use a large quantity and they usually come in a heavy glass bottle so decanting them saves weight too. I’ve found these to be the best travel containers for small quantities.
- How to Use Them: Use them for makeup and beauty products that you won’t need often and to store individual products that you want to take in your purse. (A stack won’t do so well thrown around in your day bag or purse.)
- When to Use Them: Anytime. These travel containers can store your bath products on short trips or on longer trips for items you won’t use often.
- At home: Have you ever used a concealer container with a pump that gives you more than what you need? Stop wasting product. You can decant the liquid or gel into one of these containers so you only get a dab of what you’ll use.
Cylinder Soft Tubes
I prefer pots to tubes but sometimes you need a little more product or a different type of cap. These are durable but soft containers and are a fabulous choice. They tend to be leakproof and long lasting making them the best travel containers in comparison to hard, plastic bottles. GoToob is the most popular brand and has a convenient 2 fl oz size.
- How to Use Them: Have several of each container type so you can play Tetris and make the most of the room in your toiletry bag. Use them for runny, thin liquids or for products you’d prefer not to dip your finger into.
- When to Use Them: On trips of any length based on the products that just aren’t quite right in a pot.
- At home: Using the same principles as the pots, you can maximize limited storage room in your home by decanting any product – even cooking items too!
Take a look at our top ten toiletry bags!
When using your own travel containers, remember these golden rules:
- Only fill 2/3 of the container in order to avoid compression leaks
- Use a piece of saran wrap under the lid for extra leak prevention
- Avoid water-like substances such as toner. The thinner the liquid the more likely it is to seep through.
Three more space saving “better than travel size” toiletry ideas:
- If you’re short on time and are always on the go, Squeeze Pod sells one-time use toiletry sets. Buy a set and you’re good to go!
- These bulk packs are another good idea if you want to make your own one-time use sets.
- And when you don’t have any more room for liquids just use some of these liquid-free wipes!
What do you think are the best travel containers? Please share in the comments below!
For more ideas on space-saving packing items, please read:
- How to Use Packing Cubes to Fit Your Stuff into a Carry-on
- Packing Organizers: The Luggage Accessories that Help you Travel Light
- The Ultimate Backpack Organizer: It Will Change the Way You Travel
- Random Travel Organizers: 4 Packing Cube Replacements
Hope you liked this post on the best travel containers. Please share with your friends on Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest. Thanks for reading!
Liked this article? Check out similar posts:
Share and Enjoy