PLEASE NOTE: The dress featured in this set is SOLD OUT. It was originally from CrumpetEngland.com
Twelve Piece Packing List: the guide you can use for virtually any trip.
This minimalist packing list is ideal for travelers that want to travel light no matter the destination or the length of the journey. Consisting of just twelve pieces of clothing, each item is chosen specifically to provide you with optimal function while also maximizing your travel outfit options. The Classic Packing List offers you flexibility and varying travel wardrobe options without the risk of overpacking.
Follow this guide if you want a good balance of clothing options on your trip.
CLASSIC PACKING LIST
VACATION, BUSINESS, OR LONG TERM TRAVEL
Where and when are you traveling?
This list is equally perfect if you’re traveling for business, going on a 2 week vacation or holiday, or if you’re a minimalist traveler going on a long term trip. It’s all about choosing the right clothing pieces to fit the needs of your travels, and making sure that you can mix and match each item.
This 12 piece packing list is highly recommended for Round-the-World or extended trips. You can tweak the list to fit with the seasons you’ll be traveling certain countries. If you’re visiting cold countries first, pack warmer items when you leave, then replace them with summer clothes along the way or vice versa.
For trips under two weeks, laundry may not be necessary depending on your packing list combination of choice (see below Essentials Suggested Packing List).
Hand washing or laundry service is necessary for trips over 1 week. Remember, all you need is one week’s worth of clothing then plan to do laundry weekly for the duration of your trip.
Remember, just because your trip is longer doesn’t mean you need to pack more! You just need to do laundry.
Guidelines to choose appropriate items:
- Color: 1-2 Color stories including solids, patterns within the same color story. Half or one/third of items neutral colors + the rest color
- Fabric: Synthetics recommended, cotton okay
- Cut: Good Fit, classic styles that match with everything
- Style: vary depending on activities
- Travel Bag: 40-50 Liter Backpack or 19’’ carry-on suitcase.
Striped Shirt / Double-layer Blouse / Spaghetti Trap Blouse / Oversize Shirt / Printed Shirt / Dress in Navy / Floral Dress / Black Jeans / Khaki Pants / Stitched Shorts / Denim Shorts / Leather Skirt / Sandals / Flat Shoes
1. Four Tank Tops/Short Sleeve Tops in the heat or Four Long Sleeves for Cooler Climates (2 of each in combo-climates) – Classic cuts that can be worn under dress or button up shirt to match and provide extra coverage if needed. Tunics are versatile and can be worn in more than ways than regular length tops.
2. One Long Sleeve Button Up Shirt – Light Fabric, Synthetics, polyester, or silk blend. Able to layer over other tops and dresses as a light jacket or cover up
3. Five Bottoms – Jeans in dark colors, lightweight trouser, and mid to floor length skirts are all good options for travel. Jeans work well on vacations, trips to metropolitan cities, or cool climates. Remember, jeans may be heavy but they hardly have to be washed. Maxi skirts work well in a variety of settings and are both fashionable and conservative.
4. Two Dresses – Light Fabric, one in a Solid Vibrant Color/Print and one in Neutral Khaki or Little Black Dress. A sun dress is idea that can be worn casually during the day and dressed up at night. Convertible dress/skirts are ideal and this Little Black Travel Dress can go from day to night with a few quick tugs. Add tights for transitional climates or conservative regions.
5. Outerwear – One Fleece/Hoodie/Cardigan and /or Water Resistant Jacket/Coat depending on weather
6. One – Two Bathing Suit – Reversible bathing suits allow you to mix and match. Choose one that has a neutral shade on one side so it can easily double up as a bra under your tops
7. Two/Three Bras – one neutral color like nude that matches with all your tops plus additional. Read about choosing the best bras for travel.
8. One Sports Bra – if you plan on doing activities or have long bumpy transportation journeys
9. Seven – Ten Pairs of Travel Underwear – neutral/nude colors, microfiber to wash easily and other fabrics based on personal preference
10. Three pairs of shoes – Follow guidelines in travel shoe section.
11. One belt that can be worn with pants and dress for practical style
12. One or two complete sets of jewelry – one of each: earrings, ring, necklace, bracelet (costume suggested for safety)
5 Tops + 5 Bottoms + 2 Dresses (versatile, shown below)
6 Tops + 3 Bottoms + 3 Dresses (good multi-climate trips or hot weather)
7 Tops + 4 Bottoms + 1 Dress (good for varying climates)
8 Tops + 4 Bottoms (good for cold climates)
12 Dresses (perfect for resort and tropical vacations)
If you want to pack light but need more than a handful of clothing items, check out the other Universal Packing Lists and to shop functional and stylish travel gear, check out the Travel Fashion Girl Shop.
Please re-post, re-tweet, and pin to share the love with other travel fashion girls like you. Thanks for reading!
Share and Enjoy