This Fifteen – Sixteen Piece Packing List: a roomy list offering sufficient clothing options for first time carry-on travelers or trips requiring more clothing choices.
This generous packing list is ideal for travelers who find it difficult to pack light, need a variety of clothing for multi-season trips, or want the most clothing items possible without packing their entire closet. Consisting of fifteen pieces of clothing, each item is chosen specifically to provide optimal function while maximizing travel outfit options.
MAXIMISTA PACKING LIST
IDEAL FOR MULTI-CLIMATE TRIPS AND OVERPACKERS
Where and when are you traveling?
This list is equally perfect if you’re working/studying abroad, going on a two week vacation, or if you’re going on around-the-world backpacking trip. It’s all about choosing the right clothing pieces to fit the needs of your travels, and making sure that you can mix and match each item.
Varied travel clothing options give you the ability to apply this guide in different settings. You can layer your pieces in colder climates and you’ll have plenty to mix and match in warmer climates. Adjust the items indicated below to your ideal weather scenario.
For trips under two weeks, laundry may not be necessary depending on your packing list combination of choice.
Hand washing or laundry service is necessary for trips over 1 week. Remember, all you need is one week’s worth of clothing then plan to do laundry weekly for the duration of your trip.
Remember, just because your trip is longer doesn’t mean you need to pack more! You just need to do laundry.
Guidelines to choose appropriate items:
- Color: 1-2 Color stories including solids, patterns within the same color story. Half or one/third of items neutral colors + the rest color
- Fabric: Synthetics recommended, cotton okay
- Cut: Good Fit, classic styles that match with everything
- Style: vary depending on activities
- Travel Bag: 40-55 Liter Backpack or 22’’ carry-on suitcase.
Printed Shorts / Denim Shorts / Chiffon Blouse / White Shirt / Contrast Pocket Blouse / Chiffon V-neck Tank / Cotton Blouse / Pleated Blouse / Lightweight Shirt / Trousers / Leather Pants / Push-up Jeans / Flared Midi Skirt / Maxi Dress / Midi Dress / Wrap Dress / Ballet Shoes / Sandals
1. Three Tank Tops/Short Sleeve Tops in the heat and Three Long Sleeves for Cooler Climates – Classic cuts that can be worn under dress or button up shirt to match and provide extra coverage if needed. Tunics are versatile and can be worn in more than ways than regular length tops.
2. One Long Sleeve Button Up Shirt – Light Fabric, Synthetics, polyester, or silk blend. Able to layer over other tops and dresses as a light jacket or cover up
3. Four-Five Pants/Shorts - Jeans in dark colors and lightweight trouser are all good options for travel. Jeans work well on vacations, trips to metropolitan cities, or cool climates. Remember, jeans may be heavy but they hardly have to be washed.
4. One-Two Skirts – Maxi skirts work well in a variety of settings and are both fashionable and conservative. Add tights to dresses or skirts for cold climates.
5. Two-Three Dresses – Choose one neutral dress to dress up or down and the other vibrant colors since you don’t have to match them with anything.
6. Outerwear – One Fleece/Hoodie/Cardigan and /or Water Resistant Jacket/Coat depending on weather
7. One – Two Bathing Suits – Reversible bathing suits allow you to mix and match. Choose one that has a neutral shade on one side so it can easily double up as a bra under your tops
8. Two-Three Bras – one neutral color like nude that matches with all your tops plus additional. Read about choosing the best bras for travel.
9. One Sports Bra – if you plan on doing activities or have long bumpy transportation journeys
10. Seven -Ten Pairs of Travel Underwear – neutral/nude colors, microfiber to wash easily and other fabrics based on personal preference
11. Three pairs of shoes – Follow guidelines in travel shoe section.
12. One belt that can be worn with pants and dress for practical style
13. One-two complete sets of costume jewelry – one of each: earrings, ring, necklace, bracelet (costume suggested for safety)
7 Tops + 5 Bottoms + 3 Dresses (versatile, shown above)
8 Tops + 4 Bottoms + 3 Dresses (good multi-climate trips or hot weather)
6 Tops + 4 Bottoms + 5 Dresses (good for varying climates)
10 Tops + 5 Bottoms (good for cold climates)
14 Dresses (perfect for 2 week resort and tropical vacations)
If you want to pack light but need more than a handful of clothing items, check out the other Universal Packing Lists and to shop functional and stylish travel gear, check out the Travel Fashion Girl Shop.
Please re-post, re-tweet, and pin to share the love with other travel fashion girls like you. Thanks for reading!
Share and Enjoy