Need a packing list for Europe in summer? We have several helpful guides to help female travelers choose the right things without overpacking. Get started with this one!
Packing List for Europe in Summer
by Vanessa Yates
You’ve read about it, dreamt about it and almost everyone you know, knows someone who has done it: a Euro-trip.
After working a countless number of extra hours you have finally decided to take the plunge spend the money to travel Europe. It took you weeks to plan the perfect itinerary that you edited at least 20 times and now you are moving on to the hardest planning part: planning your Europe packing list for summer.
I’m sure you’ve wondered: “How do I pack enough clothing to get me through my entire trip backpacking through Europe?” I too struggled with this the first time I backpacked Europe.
I spent five months in the incredible continent and I hope these packing tips will help make the process a bit easier for you. Don’t forget, shopping haunts you in every city and town so save some space for new purchases.
Please read our Ultimate Packing List for Europe featuring travel outfits and travel tips for multiple countries.
1. Sleeveless & Print Tank Tops 2. Plain & Floral Long sleeve 3. Stripe/ Plain / Short Sleeve 4. Flowy Dress 5. Oxford & Shorts 6. Trouser & Twill Pants 7. Maxi & Skirt 8. Raincoat & Cardigan 9. Pajamas 10. Shoes & Socks 11. Flats & Sandals 12. Scarf & Sunglasses 13. Underwear / Bra / Sports Bra 14. Swimsuit 15. Bracelet & Necklace
PACKING LIST FOR EUROPE IN SUMMER: CLOTHING
- 2 or 3 short sleeved tops
- 1-2 long sleeved tops
- 2 tank tops (summer)
- 1 dress
- 2 or 3 shorts/skirts (any length is fine)
- 1-2 pairs of light trousers
- 1 swimsuit
- 2-3 pairs of socks (I wear toms and sandals so socks are just preventing bugs)
- 10 travel underwear
- 3 bras – 1 sports dry fit recommended
- 1 sleepwear – pajamas that can double up as regular clothes too
TFG recommends: Anatomie makes amazing travel pants that are functional and also look sophisticated, which work perfectly for Europe. I’ve worn their Skyler travel pants with heels for drinks in LA, in Spain with boots for sightseeing, to play in the snow with wellies in the UK, for every day travel in Thailand with flip flops, and also to go for hikes with trainers. They are the ultimate multi-functional travel pants that offer you form, function, and fashion (and a good cost per wear value)!
PACKING LIST FOR EUROPE IN SUMMER: ACCESSORIES & EXTRAS
- 1 raincoat
- 1 knit or light sweater – I like a button up cardigan as it can dress up and down.
- 1 scarf
- jewelry (nothing too expensive but enough to glam up any outfit)
- waterproof sandals
- cute and comfortable flats that can be worn casually/dressy
- comfortable walking shoes – I prefer womens casual sneakers as they are lightweight, comfortable and still cute. I don’t typically do a lot of rugged hiking in Europe.
PACKING LIST FOR EUROPE IN SUMMER: GEAR
- anti-theft products
- universal adapter
- music – staple for long journeys
- headlamp (flashlight)
- neck pillow – I use it for all long rides
- small locks (1-2) – you will need them in hostel dorms
- sink stopper – the flat ones work with all drains
- bobby pins – great for easy travel hair styles and as clothing line pins
Please read out top 10 hostel travel essentials when backpacking Europe!
I have used this packing list for Europe in summer every time I travel and I have always been more than prepared. Anything else you will need you can get along the way! Congrats on your adventure and have fun in Europe!
What’s on your Europe packing list? Share and comment below!
Please note: Most of Europe’s Budget Airlines have this Carryon Bag Allowance: 55cm x 40cm x 20cm. Always check your airline’s individual baggage rules and regulations in advance.
More Europe Packing Lists:
Suggested Travel Resources:
- Lonely Planet Europe on a shoestring
- Ten Step Guide to Packing for Europe
- Travel Shoes for Europe
- The Best Carry-on Suitcases for Europe
Please read our Ultimate Packing List for Europe featuring tips for multi-destination trips.
Hope you’ve enjoyed this Europe Packing List. Please share it with your friends on Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest. Thanks for reading!
Author Bio: Vanessa Yates and her backpack and have traveled 28 countries throughout North America, Central America, Europe, Africa and Asia. Her adventure continues in South East Asia where she will soon begin working at a Canadian international school in Malaysia. She hopes to never stop traveling!